Traditionally, forensic mental health services were designed with the younger patient in mind. In an ageing population, PiC has recognized the need to provide specialist support for patients in their later years.
- Carefully designed environment to suit patients with a range of mobility needs
- All the rooms are on the ground floor and the first floor therapy suite can be accessed via a lift.
- A sensory garden and a specially adapted horticulture plot which allows year round use for leisure and real work opportunities
Differentiated care pathways focusing on:
- Acute care and rehabilitation - a faster stream model forging connections with step down and community facilities
- Slow stream rehabilitation – focused on maintaining patient’s quality of life and is suitable for patients who are unable to engage successfully in risk reduction therapies