Inpatient recovery services for children and young people with acute and severe, enduring eating disorder.
We believe in giving each young person a positive experience, based on clear and achievable goals. We give people in our care the chance to experience education and leisure activities within a nurturing and therapeutic environment.
Young people referred to us:
- Are 6-25 years of age (people over the age of 25 will be assessed, based on individual need)
- Can be admitted under the Mental Health Act (1983)
- May be currently placed in a medical ward, a general CAMHS unit or be receiving treatment from a
- NHS community team
- Can be referred by a GP
- Can be admitted from outside the UK
- Require inpatient and day treatment
- Stepping down from inpatient treatment or requiring more intensive treatment than an outpatient services can provide
- Based on a client-centred model of relational therapy that promotes reflection on, exploration of and understanding of the client’s psychological needs
- Promotes opportunities to make decisions, express views and wishes regarding their care as well as the organisation of the home
- Collaborative partnership with the client to identify and understand the symptoms, patterns and origins of psychological distress and develop the skills to manage them
Our eating disorder services: