This service is now part of Elysium Healthcare. For information on this service please click here www.elysiumhealthcare.co.uk
If you have an enquiry about a referral or admission to this service please call 0800 218 2398 or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnerships in Care (PiC) became the first healthcare provider to get whole hospital recognition for the RAID® Centre of Excellence Award from the Association of Psychological Therapies (APT) in 2011 when The Spinney and Kemple View received the award.
It recognised the success of our reinforcement of positive behaviour, prevention of challenging behaviour and successful interventions in a secure care setting. Our purpose-built medium and low secure wards and rehabilitation unit give a range of care settings on one site. Patients can chair their own Care Programme Approach meetings and from time of admission are involved in setting their own discharge-orientated goals. Many of our patients are placed with us for a period of stabilisation after which they are able to step down in terms of security level. Kate Bailey, Head of Psychology, PiC North West said: “We take an empowering approach, using our Recovery Model of care towards successful outcomes for our patients and our commissioners.”
Medium, Low, Locked and PICU services for men with Personality Disorder and/or Mental Illness
Men with acute mental disorder who specialist support not readily available such as Intensive Assessment and Treatment Service (IATS)
Medium to Low Secure and PICU through to Locked Rehabilitation
- The Spinney is set in an 11 acre site with extensive woodland and landscaped areas.
- Facilities include a fully equipped gymnasium, education room, art and pottery workshops, health and fitness suite, computer suites and swimming pool
- National Service User Achievement Awards 2014 - patients at The Spinney won top prize in the Service, Policy or Environmental Improvement Category for their training workshop for patients on 'How to Chair Your Own CPA Meeting'. For the second year, patients with musical talent brought their own handwritten and performed songs to the national audience - this year with a Rap number called 'Stigma'; last year with the song 'No decision about me’
- Patient art projects: The Spinney won 16 Koestler Art Awards in 2013 (including four silver, three bronze, two highly commended and seven commended awards) and 22 awards in 2012
- RAID Centre of Excellence – among the first UK hospitals to win this award
- PiC Greenfingers Competition - The Spinney’s Patient Council ‘s Drop In Centre Garden project which created an attractive seating area with table and parasol won a PiC Greenfingers Award
To arrange a Skype or Video Call please contact Stephen Critchley or Ian McGraw on 01942 885300
The Spinney is now hiring! Visit www.piccareers.co.uk to find your dream job.
Mike Bennett, Operations Director, North and Regional Executive Director North West and Midlands region, is a registered nurse with over 30 years of experience in specialist mental health care with a passion for making a difference to people’s lives.
Aillie Wallace, Hospital Director, The Spinney, is a professionally qualified registered nurse with 19 years post registration experience in the field of challenging behaviours and personality disorder within secure and forensic settings. She was the advisory clinician in the consultation process for the first DSPD pilot group at Whitemoor Prison.