Kemple View’s highly specialist clinicians have extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of men with complex psychiatric needs.
Many of our patients have previously been in high, medium or low security. We aim to work collaboratively with our patients enabling them to take increasing responsibility for managing their own risks leading to a controlled and graded discharge. Where a patient requires greatest support we offer contextual risk management, enhancing compliance and aim to improve their quality of life. We serve the patient, carers and visitors.
Kemple View also has a dedicated and purpose-built ward offering PiC's newly launched Low Secure Forensic Specialist Older Age service for patients over the age of 50.
A higher profile is given to this patient group's physical healthcare, risk reduction and where required, mobility and daily living aids.
Low Secure and Locked Rehabilitation Mental Illness and Personality Disorder services for men
Men whose needs can best be met in a low security environment geared toward maximising their opportunity for rehabilitation and independent living
Step Down from Low Secure to Locked Rehabilitation
- Horticultural and Occupational Therapy area, Gym, Education Room, Art and Woodwork workshops, therapy rooms, social area
- Public transport links to nearby town of Preston
- Beautiful grounds with views over Ribble Valley
- Kemple View is recognised as a RAID Centre of Excellence. RAID® is a recognised industry standard method of working with patients to help them manage their own behaviour.
- Patients at Kemple View entered PIC’s Greenfingers gardening competition with the Griffin Garden Project
- Patients at Kemple View won six awards in the 2012 Koestler Art Awards
- Patients at Kemple View won one silver, two bronze and three commended awards at the 2013 Koestler Art Awards
To arrange a Skype call please contact Stephen Critchley on 01254 243 000
Mike Bennett, Regional Executive Director North West and Midlands region, is a registered nurse with over 30 years of experience in specialist mental health care with a passion for making a difference to people’s lives.
Mags Gallagher, Registered Manager of Kemple View, is a professionally qualified Learning Disability and Mental Health Nurse with 27 years Post Registration experience. She has worked mainly in the field of challenging behaviours within medium secure psychiatric settings, both in the NHS and independent sector.
Dr Tom O'Hare, Lead Consultant Psychiatrist, Kemple View, trained in Cambridge, Sheffield and Manchester. He qualified as a GP and has consultant experience in a wide range of psychiatric specialties including general adult, forensic, rehabilitation, old age and learning disability.